Thursday, August 26, 2010

Too Faced-Fun In The Dark Palette



About a month ago I bought this palette and I have REALLY been loving this palette! Of course there are things that I love and that I hate about it so I am here to tell you my thoughts! First I bought it on sale for 16.25 at Sephora and thought that was a price I just could not resist! It comes with 4 eye shadows, a blush, a bronzer, lipstick and a gloss.

The 4 eye shadows are in Pin Up, Peep Show, Full Frontal, and Lucky Charms. I absolutely love the texture and pigmentation of these shadows!!! I think they are very highly pigmented and they almost feel creamy when you rub your finger in them. I find them very easy to blend and I can make a beautiful neutral look in just a few minutes. Lucky Charms, which is the green color in the palette threw me off a bit. I thought to myself "why would that be in here!!" and I do still somewhat wonder why..... Its a beautiful color but I dont use it as much as I use the other shadows! The shadows do blend beautifully and I love them! I use them almost daily!

The cheek color.. Papa Don't Peach, is a beautiful peachy pink shade and works really well for my skin tone. Gives me that "glow from within" look. I use just a little and sweep it all over my cheeks and its beautiful!

The Bronzer is called Sun Bunny, and its so pretty. Half of it is a lighter bronzer and half is a darker bronzer. I dont use them individually, I just take my brush and swirl it around and get a beautiful medium, slightly shimmery bronzer. I sometimes just sweep that on my cheeks and go.

Now the two lip colors...not my favourite. First I dont really like having lip products in pans like this, and I dont like them being so close to powders..just gets too messy. The "lipstick" in "Free Love" is a really beautiful color,and I would love to get my hands on that lipstick! Its a beautiful creamy light nude pink color and I do actually use that often. The lip gloss on the other hand, in Tropical Pink, is horrible.....I wish it wasnt but it is! Mine is like faded,so half of it is like this pink purple color and then the top half is like a clear color..so I think its old. It has glitter in it,but I dont feel the glitter on my lips so thats a good thing. There is NO color pay off with that lipgloss at all,and really was a waste to add it to the palette to begin with.
Lastly, lets talk about the Mirror and the Lights on the mirror. The mirror is fantastic, nice and big and I love having a mirror with my palettes. BUT! Yes,there is a but. Those lights that come with the palette are soooo bright. Too bright. They hurt your eyes and are not flattering what so ever. I like the concept, I think its neat, original and fun.. but those lights are just too much for me. I cant wait for them to die out. I hear you can turn the light off, but I just have not found that secret button on the top right corner to be able to do it.

All in all, for $16.25..it was totally worth it! The shadows alone are worth that much to me! Its a great little palette!

1 comment:

  1. the palette looks gorgeous :)
    I'm planning on getting it when i next go shopping!

    ReplyDelete