Wednesday, August 18, 2010

e.l.f $1 Bronzers + Highlighters!!! Review

Continuing on with my e.l.f reviews that I am doing, this is going to be talking about the Bronzers and Highlighter from their 1$ line again. I have had these for over a year and have had many chances to use these products!! Lets begin with the review! This time I am going to start with the packaging!

I dislike the packaging more than any other ELF Product!! The front part of it is perfectly find...just clear plastic with the word "elf" on it, and it also says "Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder"...Its fine..But on the back side, where the product name is...thats where I have my problem. This compact is bad...really bad..It is all clear, so you can see the underside of the products pan, and you can see the glue. On a few of my bronzers you can actually see what I can only describe as dirt? old product that got stuck to the glue?... I dont know. It doesnt look pretty at all though. This packaging does need to be fixed,because I wouldn't dare pull this out of my person and want someone to see it..It just looks dirty. Now with that aside, lets get on to the good stuff..the actual product!!!

Lets start with Luminance


This is a beautiful highlight color. It is not white, or gold, its more of a beige kind of color. When placed on your skin,it will just give you the most beautiful glow. I use it all the time as a cheek bone highlight, and also use it as a brow highlight color. This highlight powder is very pigmented,and feels really creamy. I do believe ELF has changed the formula of these powders because I had another one a while back that anytime I put my brush in the product, it would just all turn to loose powder and it was be a horrible mess. Now it seems a lot more packed into the package,which is awesome! I love this highlighter,and for $1, its fantastic!!

Sun Kissed



This more like a bronzey pinky kind of color if that helps at all.There is some definite pink in this though! It is fantastic as a cheek color on my skin tone and I really enjoy this color!! It is shimmery, so when I do use this color, I have no need for a blush or a cheek highlight, I just use it as an all over cheek color and I am ready to go! Its a beautiful shade! On darker skin tones it would be fantastic as a cheek glow, just to add a nice highlighter glow to the face. I think its fantastic!


Warm Tan



Warm than is very shimmery and much darker than the other bronzer I told you about. I dont use this on my face, I do however use it as an eyeshadow. Its a bit too gold too bronze for me,and too shimmery. I must say though,this powder feels the best to me. It feels like silk when you rub your finger over the product and that I really love!
I just don't like it on my skin at all. But if you do own this bronzer,and have a difficult time using it as a bronzer like I do, try it as an eyeshadow! It has great pigmentation and goes on so smooth!


Matte Bronze



This bronzer I was really excited about! I wanted a great contour color and thought this would be it!! It is great,but its a bit dark for my skin, but I am able to use it as long as I have a very light hand and dont pick up too much product! As for it being matte, hmm...it is matte,but when I look at the product, I can see little small bits of Gold glitter in it. When swatched on my hand, those bits of glitter dont seem to transfer onto my hand. Strange. Its very dark,so if you are darker than me, which I am NW 20 in MAC Foundation, then this might be really great for you as a contour. I have since bought a different contour color,so this product doesnt get used as often as I could. As for the pigmentation,its fantastic! its not chalky and goes on really smoothe. Its easy to blend which is a must when you are talking about using it as a contour color!! Even if you are fair skinned like me, with a super light hand and tapping off any excess powder then you will be able to use it!!




And Last but not least, the $1 Blush and Bronzer duo. I purchased this from Target about a month ago,and I was curious if it was the exact same as the studio line $3 Blush and Bronzer duo that I love..and truth be told, it is quite similar but not exactly the same. The shades of the products is similar, but the texture of the blush/bronzer are completely different. This $1 duo is much softer to the touch,while the Studio Line Blush/bronzer duo feels like of rough. These 2 colors are very pigmented and blend very nicely and I really love this blush/bronzer duo better than the Studio Line Blush/Bronzer duo, which really surprised me because I really really love the Studio line one. I am unsure if this duo is being sold on eyeslipsface.com, you should check it out though.

So that completes my review of these bronzers/highlighter. I hope you enjoyed and if you have any questions,please just ask!!

No comments:

Post a Comment