Wednesday, August 18, 2010

E.L.F $1 Blushes

Way way back over a year ago, I purchased all of the 1$ ELF Blushes that they had. I have used them many times and now feel I can give a review about them that may be very helpful if you have never used them and are skeptical because of the price etc. So I will go through all the colors I have and let you know what I think!



Above is ELF Bronzed. Probably my least favourite of the bunch. It is very pigmented and not chalky at all, but the color of it just isn't what I would use as a bronzer/blush. I imagine that it would look beautiful on darker skin tones than mine,but I am fair skinned and it just doesnt work for me.



Above:Flushed
Flushed was actually the first 1$ Blush I got from ELF and it looked SO pretty on the website and when I got it home and swatched it I couldnt help but to think "OMG I cant wear that!!!" It is SO pink, so pigmented and very very vibrant! It is a hard colour for me to wear, but with a very light hand and good blending, it is very wearable on someone with my skin tone. Again,this would be beautiful for someone who is dark skinned. All of the blushes do have some shimmer to them. I am happy that they are shimmery and not at all glittery because I do not like glitter in my blush usually!



Above Glow(No idea what happened to the color on this photo, i swear,its pink! Weird
((This is the only photo that doesnt look exactly like the actual color. I'm sorry!))

Glow is an absolutely beautiful baby pink color that I absolutely love! Its like a baby pink/ coral/rose color. It is perfect for my light skin,goes on very smooth, and like I stated above, it is shimmery. I dont find these blushes chalky what so ever and I really love this blush. It is a go to blush of mine when I just want to quickly put a light color on my cheeks before running out of the house. It is easy to work with and I truly enjoy this color! For me, its a must have from ELF!!




Above is Innocence
This is probably my second least favourite blush from this line. It is extremely light, no shimmer to it at all, and the color pay off is poor. When I swatch it on my finger you can see color, but when i rub it into my hand, it basically disappears. I never use this blush,and would not recommend it at all...even if it is only a dollar. If it was more pigmented, it would be a perfect soft baby pink, but its not. So this is a something to pass on.



Above is Shy..
To me, Shy is absolutely beautiful. I love the texture of it, it feels creamy and is it very pigmented. The color is like a pink rose color and kind of a plum tone to it. Hard for me to explain, but its beautiful! Gives a beautiful glow to the cheeks and its beautiful! Another must have from ELF!! Great for the summer,but one of those blushes you can really enjoy year round!




Above is Coy..

Last but not lease is my FAVOURITE...Coy..This blush is amazing. Like most of the other blushes, it is highly pigmented, creamy, and easy to blend. It does have slight shimmer to it,but nothing overwhelming! It is pink,and kind of bronze... Seems like there is some gold in there as well.. Its extremely difficult to describe, one of those products you must see it to understand. I absolutely love the way this blush looks on my skin. It gives me a great glow, with a beautiful color!! I think it would be perfect on all skin tones!! Its unlike any other blush and to me definitely a must have! If you were to only order ONE of these blushes, please get Coy!


Now as for the packaging, it is not my favourite. As you saw in the pictures, it is a clear plastic case, and the lid slides up, revealing the product. You get a lot of product in here though, which is always nice! I understand these blushes were only $1 and for that simple fact, I can accept the packaging..and appreciate the product inside,but if I had it my way,the packaging would be updated to fit better within the ELF company because now a lot of the newer products have very sleek packaging!!!

Final thoughts. Most of the blushes are absolutely beautiful. I think woman of all ages and races can wear at least one of these blushes! If you haven't already, go and check out eyeslipsface.com and get one because I believe you truly will enjoy them!! They are great, not only because they cost only $1 but also because they are pigmented and creamy feeling and not chalky at all!! Check them out!!


Disclaimer-I wasnt paid, I wasnt given the products. I just truly enjoy these blushes and felt like blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment