Thursday, May 13, 2010

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Review

If you read my post from yesterday you will know that I received the Perricone MD No foundation Foundation. I put it on bright and early this morning (5:30am to be exact!) It is now 4 hours later and I wanted to just give a quick update on how I am feeling about it now that I have it on and it has been on for 4 hours.

I first put on my Clinique Moisturizer and then put on the No Foundation Foundation. I pumped 2 pumps onto the back of my hand and just used my fingers to put it on. I normally never use my fingers for foundation,but since I figured this wasn't like a "real" foundation I would just use my fingers. It went on much like a moisturizer would. Extremely easy to bend in. Almost too easy? What I mean is, why I was putting it on,it was fairly hard to see where I had already placed it or not. Either way, I put it on all over my face and down a bit on my neck. Normally after a foundation I would want to put a powder on overtop,but I resisted the urgre because I wanted to be able to properally see what this foundation did for me just as is.

Even though the product is a bit darker than my natural skin color, It went on transparant really. I was amazed that it didnt alter my skin color at all. I have large pores around my nose and I can say that this foundation seems to have made almost disappear. Of course if I look hard enough and close enough, I can still kind of see them,but I do not believe anyone else would ever be able to see them! My pores are a huge problem for me, I really despise them,and most foundations settle right into my pores making them looking even bigger! Ahh its horrible,but this No Foundation Foundation almost makes them disappear. I do believe my skin looks more glowing,healthier even.

I have very red cheeks and freckles, and though this foundation does not cover anything up I can say that it has evened out my skin,making it look flawless but not looking like I have any type of foundation on, which is great because I do not like the look of a heavy foundation.

Now for some bad things....

The smell this product has can be quite unpleasant. Some say it smells fishy, I dont think it smells fishy,more smells like a hospital! LOL! I can say that shortly after putting the product on I was unable to smell it. Now it could be just that I got used to the smell. Also,this product is not oily,but it does leave your face feeling a bit sticky. Not too sticky, but for me it is not as smoothe feeling as I tought it would be. Just kind of feels like it doesnt full settle on your skin. I will update you if anything changes,but for now,it is still a bit sticky.

All in all i like this product. I do however have a slight problem with the 50$ price tag. It is a small amount of product,though you use little of it, I just couldn't justify spending that much. I am very on the fence about this. I like it a lot right now,but having to repurchase this would be a bit difficult. I say if you are the type of person who does not like a lot of coverage and just want to make your skin look healthier and more even and price is not a factor to you, I would say get yourself a sample of it and try it and see if you love it enough for $50. I will continue to wear this in the summer months,because the sticky feeling doesnt bother me nor does the smell and I truly enjoy the results thus far!


xox

No comments:

Post a Comment