Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Perricone MD- No Foundation Foundation-First Glance

Hello Hello! :) I recently won a little contest a beauty blogger was doing on the Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation.

First here is what Sephora website says about this "No Foundation Foundation"..

No Foundation Foundation
What it is:
An age-fighting makeup that provides natural coverage and nonchemical SPF 30 protection.

What it is formulated to do:
Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation offers translucent coverage allowing the natural health and glow of skin to shine through while protecting the complexion against damaging UV rays. It works to correct skin undertones and offers all-day moisture, providing an even, dewy finish. A dose of specially treated pigments, blended with light diffusing mica, instantly soften the look of lines, wrinkles, and pores, creating a flawlessly radiant look.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
This formula includes antiaging actives, DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid, which help to firm skin and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles over time.

Okay, so it sounds really quite awesome doesn't it? I was totally thrilled when I heard I won this give away! I had actually done some reading up on it and was quite interested,thought this product would be a wonderful product to use especially since the summer is here now. And since I prefere little to no foundation in the warmer months, and wanted more of like a Tinted Moisturizer, I think this product has the potential to be my new best friend!

This No foundation Foundation costs $50 on the Sephora website, and that is why I was personally a little hesitant to purchase it. The bottle at frist has a screw on top with no pump, but as I was getting everything out of the box I saw a little Pump in there, so it does indeed have a wonderful pump on it so atleast you know you won't be wasting any because you wont have to pour it out,and of course its more sanitary to have the pump! Big thumbs up for that definatly! I pumped a bit out onto my hand. When I first saw it I thought "Oh my! Its definatly darker than my skin!" It does have a wonderful light consistance which was easy to blend into my skin. As I was rubbing it in,it still seemed pretty dark and I started to get fairly nervous. But then all of a sudden,as I rubbed it a bit more is seemed to..disappear! Disappear in a good way though. My hand felt so smoothe,and I really enjoyed the way it felt and looked. There was no real coverage, but it just looked dewy and healthy. I should have tried this on my face but since I already have a full face of makeup on, I will have to wait until tomorrow.

I read a handful of reviews on the Sephora website and some people were complaining of the smell,so of course I had to smell my hand. It does definatly have a smell to it, not exactly pleasant but not horrible. I can see how some thought it smelt bad though. If you are sensitive to certain scents, I would suggest getting a sample of this before purchasing the whole bottle!

The Perricone MD "No Foundation Foundation" is very smoothe,and once it dries, it feels very lightweight,not sticky or oily. I really love the fact that this No Foundation Foundation has an SPF of 30, and I think this is going to be a great "tinted moisturizer" for me! :)

One last thing before I end this post. I am extremely excited to see how it wears throughout the day and see what it does for my skin. I do have large pores on my nose and off the sides of my nose, and I really hope this foundation can help minimize the look of those pores,because with most foundations I use,they can make my pores look even larger! I have very uneven dry skin,but a bit oily in the T-zone so I look forward to seeing how this No Foundation Foundation works out for me and my hard to handle skin!

I want to thank DC Beauty for doing this contest and picking me!!! And I would like to thank Perricone MD for sending me this product! :) I will be doing an updated REAL Review in the upcoming days to let you know how this product is really working for me,there will also be photos so you can see for youself what it does/does not do for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment